A few things to do…
before classes begin.
AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ADMITTED:
1. CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION: New students will receive a registration confirmation letter via mail containing your University ID number and password to login to AccessPlus. If you register for courses within 5 days of the beginning of your course, you will receive these letters via email. Continuing students can verify their registration using AccessPlus.
2. REQUEST AN ISU ID CARD: If you wish to have a physical ISU ID card mailed to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request it.
3. SET UP YOUR NET ID: Once you receive your ISU Card Number you will be able to set up your Net ID. Your Net ID is your key to all university services and is required to log into our online course portal system, Blackboard Learn, which will host your course. To setup your Net ID, please visit the NetID Registration Support page.
4. SET UP YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT: Once you have your Net-ID, you can access Iowa State services, like CyMail, Iowa State’s email system. Your email address will be your netID followed by “@iastate.edu”. All official notices from the University, including billing and grades will be sent to this email account. If this is not an account you will check regularly, you may forward your messages to another account. For instructions on how to forward your CyMail, visit ISU Information Technology Services.
5. LOGIN TO ACCESSPLUS: AccessPlus is your secure, personalized online resource for accessing important and confidential university information such as your class schedule, U-Bill, grade reports, and transcripts. Iowa State no longer mails paper bills or grade reports, so students are required to log into AccessPlus to view this information. Students should become familiar with this system as soon as possible.
6. PURCHASE YOUR TEXTBOOKS: Textbooks for your course can be viewed and ordered online through AccessPlus under the Student tab – Class Schedule page. Students are also free to contact the University Bookstore directly or order textbooks online through any source.
7. TEST YOUR COMPUTER: Computer requirements may vary. Please refer to specific instructions and guidelines related to your program and courses.
8. LOGIN TO BLACKBOARD LEARN: Most online courses at Iowa State University are delivered via Blackboard Learn, and you can login with your NetID and password. If you are having troubles accessing or using Blackboard Learn please visit the Solution Center.