1. APPLY FOR ADMISSION: Your application for admission to Iowa State must be submitted online through ISU Admissions. Applicants must self-identify as a freshman, transfer, international undergraduate, graduate, nondegree, or returning student. As a part of your application, you will complete a list of requested courses. The application fee is $40 for undergraduates and $60 for graduate students.
2. RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION STATUS: Within two business days (for undergraduates), you will receive a response (via email) regarding your admission status. If accepted for admission, you will receive an ISU University ID number and password. This will allow you to login to AccessPlus, where you can verify your registration, view your U-Bill (tuition and fee assessment), and confirm that you are enrolled in the courses you requested on your application form. If changes to your course registration are needed, they can be made there.
3. ESTABLISH YOUR NET-ID: Using your University ID Number and password, you can log in to the Acropolis system to set up your ISU NetID and e-mail account. It is quick and easy. Your NetID will give you access to our educational portal system, Canvas, and the university WebMail system.
4. PAY YOUR TUITION AND FEES: Your tuition and fees will be due on the 20th of the month during which courses begin. Payment can be made in full by that date or in three monthly installments on the 20th of the first, second, and third months of the academic term.
5. START YOUR ONLINE LEARNING ADVENTURE: Instructions will be provided on when and how to access your particular course(s). Some will require online attendance at specific dates and times. Other courses will more flexible and self-paced. Technology requirements, testing procedures, and assignment submission instructions will be provided by your instructor.
Registration/enrollment for continuing semesters can be done online through the AccessPlus registration system.
NOTE: After the 5th day of the semester, AccessPlus is no longer open for registration. In this event, please contact your adviser. Non-ISU students, please email email@example.com.
Current On-campus Students
Online courses are open to all Iowa State students. Residential students are eligible to register for online courses as a part of their regular course schedule. Online courses are simply designated with section designators beginning with the letter “X”. Online delivery fees will apply, but waivers may be granted for required courses in the event that no face-to-face section is available.